Netscape 4.0x Email Setup
- Open up Netscape Navigator 4.0x
- Click on the Edit menu at the top.
- Select Preferences.
- In the new window, click the tab that says Identity.
- Under the Name field, enter your full name.
- In the Email field, enter your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now click on the tab labeled Mail Servers.
- In the field for Mail server username:, enter in your username ONLY. Ex. jdoe NOT email@example.com
- In the field for Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server, enter your outgoing mail server
- In the field for Incoming Mail Server, type:
- Click on the OK button at the bottom to close the Preferences window.
- To read your e-mail, either click on the envelope icon at the bottom right corner of the Netscape window or click on the Communicator menu up top and then select Messenger Mailbox.
You are here:
Email Setup >